Wednesday 11 July 2012

What I've been up to!

I have spent a lot of time touching up my miniatures that I first attempted to paint.
Here is a GHQ Challenger 2, I even tried my hand at adding a decal.
I thought the strips would act as a unit ID
A CinC Leopard 2, with the 'ID sysetem'

I have also working on a new type of camo. for my British infantry company.  This was really rime 
consuming as all my infantry used to be in desert DPM, so I had to first strip all the paint off roughly a 100 infantry miniatures.

 The new type of camo. is called MTP and is even in use with some US units. If your wondering what the real thing looks like, just check the background of this blog.


 I think I really do need some feedback on this one. What do people think of the decal?
 This is the USS Wasp, currently a work in progress, but as you can see much more flight deck to play with then my other conversion that I attempted. Cant wait for those amphibious assaults!

 Ive also been making a few more terrain boards. On The terrain board toward the bottom of the pic. I used plaster cloth and newspaper for the hilly areas and I am planning to add a small town section for urban warfare.
 This tiny board is an attempt to create some more beach space for my amphibious assaults.  
 Here is a conversion of a WW2 landing craft into a modern LCVP MK.5
 Mastiff (Heroics and Ros)


This is a GHQ warrior converted for the turret upgrade which should be happening over the next few years.
Shame there isn't any reactive amour.

CinC M1A1 for my USMC company

This is a GHQ Chinook. I added a bit more detail to the engine cover.

2 comments:

  1. I love the desert terrain boards. Could you do a post on how you put them together? What was your planning process? Where did you get the buildings from too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog through the GHQ forum, I really like your painting, and your terrain board is just awesome! I would like to see more of that as it comes along.

    ReplyDelete